Saturday, November 22, 2014

Dad and Mom

Apropo of nothing in particular, a couple of parental quotes floated back into my head the other day while I was driving to the gym. They have been gone for 10 and 5 years respectively. Anyway, here is what they had for me:

My Dad----

"Life is a series of challenges and responses to those challenges! Challenge and Response; Challenge and Response."
I don't think he ever quite completed that thought, but my life has:

Each response that meets and overcomes a challenge, makes you stronger and therefore in a better position to meet and overcome the next challenge.

My Mother----

"These 3 are my friends:
He that loves me
He that hates me
He that is indifferent to me
Who loves me, teaches me affection
Who hates me, teaches me caution
Who is indifferent to me, teaches me self-reliance"

No comments:

Post a Comment